Get the gift of Digestive Wellbeing and Vitality!!
Lose weight and gain health by detoxing with probiotic live cultures
- Only buy once to get a lifetime supply of live probiotics
- Delivered direct to you Australia Wide
- 100% money back guarantee
- Instructions, recipes and ongoing support included
- So easy children can make it
- Traditional brewing method
How to Make Water Kefir
- 30g Kefir grains
- 30g Raw sugar
- ¼ tsp Bicarbonate Soda
- 1Litre filtered water
- Fruit for flavouring
- Glass 1 Lt bottle
- Sealable glass bottles
1. Measure sugar, bicarbonate soda and add to clean, sterilized glass bottle
2. Add filtered water and stir to dissolve sugar. Add Kefir grains.
3. Cover bottle with plastic wrap and leave for 1-2 days to brew in a cool dark place. Do not place in direct sunlight
4. Once kefir is brewed to taste (don’t leave more than 2 days or you may starve the grains), strain brewed liquid from grains and pour into prepared clean glass bottles. Restart your brew by following steps 1 – 3. The longer the brew is left, the more sugar is brewed out and the more sour the flavour.
5. Add fruit to bottles and seal. Leave bottles in a cool dark place out of direct sunlight for 1 – 2 days before putting into the fridge or pour straight over ice and enjoy! Caution: Water kefir can become very fizzy so take care when opening the lid after fermenting.
Drink approximately 1 cup per day for health.
Want to take a break?
Place the grains in the fridge for up 2 to 3 weeks or freeze for up to 2 years to put into a dormant state. When you want to rebatch, the grains may need a few batches to bring back potency.
The benefits of water kefir…
Overgrowth of bad bacteria in the intestines can lead to many illnesses. Water kefir contains health promoting bacteria and yeast that will bring balance back to your internal flora.
One of the surprising benefits of Kefir is not only the pre-biotic and pro-biotic properties of this drink, but also the increased levels of folic acid and vitamin B. This drink a great alternative for vegans and vegetarians due to it being an excellent source of vitamin B12.
Drinking Kefir on a daily basis reduces symptoms of irritable bowl syndrome, supports the body’s endocrine system (think hormones) and can reduce blood pressure and cholesterol.
Kefir is also safe for diabetics to drink however; they should monitor their blood sugar levels.
What is water kefir…
Thought to have originated in Mexico in the late 1800’s (and possibly earlier in Tibet however records of origins are unclear) Kefir is only similar to Kombucha in that it is a natural probiotic drink.
Although Kefir has a similar process to Kombucha it produces slightly different bacteria, has a different flavour – more like sweet, slightly carbonated lemonade and NO caffeine. The base for Kefir is mainly mineral rich water and sugar. Don’t worry; the sugar consumed in the fermentation process of producing this drink by the Kefir crystals that allows enzymes and beneficial acids to be produced.
Kefir is produced from probiotic ‘grains’ (clear crystal like grains of bacteria) brewed with purified mineral water and raw organic sugar.
While there is still sugar in the drink when prepared for consumption, the culture promotes an environment in the gut that fights candida over-growth, supports proper digestion, synthesis of vitamins and minerals and your immune system by fighting off foreign and harmful bacteria, yeast and viruses. These help to manage the free radicals in your body.