Functional Food, Healthy Performance & Happy Lunch Breaks
If people are the most valuable asset of a company — are we doing
everything we can to take good care of that asset?
Let’s forget about doing the right thing for a moment, and look at things from purely economical perspective:
- Chronic disease is largely preventable, but the prime cause of lost time in the workplace. 72% of working age Australians show multiple risk factors for chronic disease. The more risk factors, the more likely a person will develop a chronic disease.
- Work related stress is on the rise with an increase of 54% in mental stress claims in Australia since 2006/7.
- Healthy people have higher work performance and fewer short-term absences.
- Reducing health risks and delaying or preventing the onset of chronic disease will support good employees staying productive in the workforce longer.
Healthy people have higher work performance and fewer short-term absences.
Reducing a persons’ health risks and delaying or preventing the onset of chronic disease will support good employees staying productive in the workforce longer.
Improve your Employee Engagement with:
- Increased employee satisfaction (lead indicator for increased employee retention)
- Increased employee innovation and creativity
- Decreased employee absenteeism
- Decreased workers compensation
Just because they don’t show up on the balance sheet, it doesn’t mean that the costs aren’t real.
- Staff turn-over costs Australian businesses $20 billion every year — and is rising
- Employee absences cost employers approx. $3,741 per employee per year
- Workplace presenteeism (at work, but not working efficiently due to illness or a medical condition) costs employers about 3 to 4 times more than employee absence
Between work demands, habit, and limited eating options, it’s been pretty hard for most of us to eat healthy
Ideally, food at work would fulfil all of the following demands
- Enjoyable, tastes great, and leaves you satisfied
- Provides sustainable energy for hours, but light enough to prevent post-meal sluggishness
- Nourishes the body and contributes to short- and long-term health
- Affordable & Sustainably sourced
- Within arms reach, ready to eat & easily consumed
It may not come as much of a surprise: Our functional food program checks all those boxes 🙂
Not only are we currently rolling out our Healthy Vending Machines, stocked to order, but we are also developing fully integrated health programs that will benefit EVERYONE.